REMONDIS Electrorecycling belongs to the REMONDIS Group, which is a world leader in waste management. The Group provides services to more than 30 million inhabitants in 34 countries all over the world, has at its disposal 800 own systems and employs 36,000 people. REMONDIS collects, treats and recycles more than 30 million tonnes of materials a year.
The REMONDIS Group has been operating in Poland since 1992. It has branches in 47 cities all over the country and provides complex services comprising the collection and transport of all types of waste, electro-recycling, waste sorting, cleaning streets and roads as well as water and wastewater management.
REMONDIS Electrorecycling whose objects include collection, transport and treatment of waste electrical and electronic equipment as well as waste batteries and accumulators operates 8 treatment facilities in Europe, located in Germany, France, Austria and Poland, and also an extended WEEE collection network based inter alia on companies that belong to the Group. It started operation in Poland in 2006 and provides complex services involving management of waste electrical and electronic equipment as well as waste batteries and accumulators. It cooperates with WEEE recovery organisations and performs obligations imposed on entities putting batteries and accumulators on the market, successively developing its own collection network of WEEE, batteries and accumulators. It is constantly developing cooperation with commercial organisations, self-governments, and WEEE collection points.
The facilities in Poland, located in Błonie and Łódź, are registered with BDO and have integrated permits allowing both of them to treat in total nearly 70 thousand tonnes of electronic waste a year. They have implemented and certified the Quality Management System in accordance with the DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 standard and the Environmental Management System in accordance with the DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 standard as well as have obtained certification confirming compliance with the DIN EN ISO 50001:2011 standard as regards recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment. The team of the production and administration department, consisting of nearly 150 people, performs tasks relating to the winning and servicing of clients, internal and external logistics, waste records as well as a complex process of waste treatment and recycling.
REMONDIS Electrorecycling collects and manages all groups of equipment enumerated in the WEEE Directive and is in possession of technologies needed to manage hazardous waste, such as refrigerators, television sets and CRT displays.
Categories of equipment according to the WEEE Directive
Temperature exchange equipment
Screens, monitors and equipment containing screens having a surface greater than 100 cm2
Large equipment whose any external dimension exceeds 50 cm
Small equipment whose no external dimension exceeds 50 cm
Small IT and telecommunications equipment whose no external dimension exceeds 50 cm
REMONDIS Electrorecycling – it is a combination of experience and knowledge based on the operation of various collection systems. The knowledge and experience of our employees provide new possibilities in the field of recycling of recyclable materials and make it possible to precisely adjust services to the client’s needs. The Management Board of REMONDIS Electrorecycling head office, responsible for the functioning of the companies in Europe, consists of the following persons: Georg Eicker, Gerhard Jokic, Dr. Helmut Kolb and Torben Kraffczyk
In Poland, the Management Board consists of Gerhard Jokic and Robert Wawrzonek, Ph.D.
REMONDIS Electrorecycling GmbH, Niemcy
REMONDIS Electrorecycling Sp. z o.o., Polska
UFH RE-cycling GmbH, Austria
dr Robert Wawrzonek
REMONDIS Electrorecycling Sp. z o.o., Polska
Integrated Environment, Quality and Energy Management Policy
REMONDIS Electrorecycling Sp. z o.o. conducts activity in the field of waste management, in particular the collection and treatment of waste electrical and electronic equipment and the collection and sorting of batteries.
The company policy is implemented based on the pursuit of the following goals:
- continuous improvement of the Integrated Quality, Environment and Energy Management System with a view to creating an effective company management system,
- achieving full compliance with legal requirements, meeting environmental requirements set by the clients and the parties concerned,
- compliance with all applicable legal regulations and additional requirements in the scope of energy consumption and energy efficiency,
- setting and verification of strategic and operational goals related to the quality, environment and energy management,
- broadening each employee’s knowledge as regards the awareness, implementation and understanding of the company policy through training, instructions, orders and personnel engagement,
- monitoring pollutant emissions to air and water as well as generated waste and all processes involving the treatment of waste electrical and electronic equipment and batteries in order to ensure safety within the environmental impact of the enterprise, while maintaining the principle of sustainable development,
- ensuring availability of information on energy and natural resources, needed to achieve the strategic and operational goals,
- supporting the purchase of high energy efficient products and services,
- using such production mechanisms that reduce negative environmental impact and level out threats to life and health of the employees,
- using state-of-the-art waste treatment and recovery technologies,
- continuous improvement of the quality of waste management services, in particular as regards the collection, transport, treatment, and recovery,
- subjecting itself to periodic audits and inspections of particular areas of the company,
- preventing any potential accidents and emergencies likely to adversely affect the employees and the environment,
- rational use of resources, materials, fuels, energy and water,
- supporting and organising various campaigns and activities throughout the country to promote appropriate environmental attitudes in the society.